Completed items

February update

No fabric bought this month! Mind you, that would have been different if I’d gone to #sewdowndewsbury, but it was half term and I was away.

Successful sewing this month was about jackets. I completed my Italian tweed one. It’s ok, but… I think I should have lined the front with some sort of interlining to firm it up, I’m not sure I like the sleeves, I think the fabric was a bit chunky for the band at the bottom. I’ve worn it three times with with this  RTW dress, and am liking it more, the more I wear it.  Hopefully I  can squeeze a skirt out of the left over fabric.

I really like my second make of the month though, it’s an unlined coat. I had bought this fabric for a suit, from Fabworks last year, but it’s quite a heavy wool, and works better as a coat. I have hong konged all the seams,  look!


I’ve also top stitched the edges which makes them lie flatter.


I saw a girl in her twenties at York station in an RTW coat, which was virtually identical in style to this, so feel it’s quite on trend as a spring jacket. I used some Liberty tana lawn scraps as pocket lining.

So my fabric use this month is 10.5 metres, including lining and toiles. Yes I did toile both the above jackets, go me!  Oh yes I made another  tshirt,from left over jersey and the pattern used twice already.  Ive already managed to get a blob of glue on it, messy pup!


I did have a fail, this is my third attempt at sewing with stripes, they never match up, no matter how hard I try. Life is too short, to bother with stripes again!


So three successes and a fail for February!






Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s